Our hydrotherapy pool is situated in a purpose built suite at WitsEnd’s Behaviour and Training Centre in Leicester.
Our facilities include a non slip ramp leading both to the pool which also continues down inside the pool to aid your dog getting in and out, special non slip flooring, a hoist for injured dogs, buoyancy aids, toys and washing and drying equipment. Essentially everything you and your dog need to have an enjoyable swimming session.
The pool has unique jets situated at the front to enable your dog to have a gentle swim (crucial for rehabilitation from injury or illness) or a fast work out for fit dogs. It is also heated to a comfortable 27 degrees as this pool is specially designed for all dogs, whatever their fitness level or age.
Benefits of swimming your dog at the WitsEnd Pool include:
- Fully qualified and experienced physiotherapist for every session
- Heated jet pool with washing and drying facilities in a purpose designed pool room
- Non-slip ramps and hoist
- Non-slip flooring
- The WitsEnd Pool is, of course, fully sanitised to keep it clean
- Programmes individually tailored to suit your dog
Benefits of swimming in general:
- Hydrotherapy is great for fitness and general exercise and helps improve
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Weight loss
- Rehabilitation from illness or injury
- Non weight bearing exercise
- increases movement of the limbs in dogs with joint related disorders including arthritis
- To keep your dog at the peak of fitness without risking injury - particularly useful for dogs that compete at agility, flyball etc.
The team of hydrotherapy specialists is led by Dr Shahad Mohammed (PhD). Qualified in animal physiotherapy and physiology Shahad overseas all rehabilitation work and undertakes any veterinary / physiotherapy liaison.
So, why not bring your dog for fitness, fun, rehabilitation or simply to learn to swim and gain confidence in the water!