Merlin the GSD puppy
Small classes - Big Results!
We have been running group dog training courses for about 15 years and have found that the smaller group works really well for both the dogs and their owners. It allows dogs and owners to relax whilst learning and really enjoy the experience, whilst making both canine and human friends at the same time. It also helps hugely that there are not new starters turning up to each session (as this can be very disruptive) so the group can really progress in their training and settle down as each week continues.
Maximum 6 dogs per course (2 dogs in Fast Track course)
- Little sitting around in our classes
- We aim to keep you and your dog active and interested for the whole session
- Everyone up and training at the same time
- We aim to teach and practice multiple tasks in each session
- We find this reduces boredom related behaviour such as barking, chewing the lead, fidgeting about
- Ensures safe socialisation
- Intensive help where needed
- No aggressive dogs
- Our training is totally reward based and we can show you how to do clicker training if this is a method you are interested in
Our training is totally reward based and you will be offered the chance to try clicker training.
Each session consists of:
- A quick fuss and treat from the trainer to greet the dogs.
- 35 - 40 minutes of interesting and versatile training.
- Followed by a health check where owners swap dogs and handle each other's dogs. This promotes good behaviour at the vets or groomers and helps dogs feel at ease being touched by people.
- The dogs have a 5 - 10 minute rest whilst owners socialise, shop and have a coffee. This is a good time to ask questions.
- Dogs then go off lead for the last 10 minutes for play and recall training.
- Home time for a well earned rest.
We offer 5 different courses:
Puppies up to 6 months
Puppies with little or no previous training
Puppies 6 to 12 months
Adolescents who have been to puppy classes
Dogs over 6 months with no training
Dogs and rescues over 24 weeks with no previous training
Advanced training to increase knowledge and off-lead control
One to one
One trainer devoted soley to you and your dog